- If you're newly introduced to biostatistics, I can assure you: I've walked in your shoes, been in your place.
- There was a period of time when I completely didn't understand a word in medical statistics, but then, the formulae and the different function in statistics started to make sense...
After hours of making charts and writing and taking notes and sitting in front of my laptop.
With this book, I'm giving you a way to shorten the time of studying biostatistics.
This book contains all the basic, essential information that is necessary to understand biostatistics!
5 reasons to buy this book:
- You will understand the four types of data and the most significant descriptive statistical terms.
- You will indeed be able to test the hypothesis regarding to a specific study.
- You will be able to decide which parametric, or non-parametric test to choose for a certain task.
- You will be able to interpret the following terms: sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value.
- You'll be able to understand the concepts of medical statistics.
If you don't buy this book:
- Your will likely miss the correct statistical test for your research.
- You will probably have a hard time understanding the university books about statistics.
- You will not remember the essence of hypothesis testing: it will remain a mystery of H-s and p-s for you. (two weeks later, you're probably going to ask: what's that 5% level of significance, anyway?)
- You won't be sure about what a 12 mmol/l CRP concentracion with a 90% negative predictive value means.
This book covers the fundamental theoretical knowledge of medical statistics and provides you with six short YouTube videos to enrich your knowledge and make you be able to carry out the simplest statistical tests while sitting in front of your laptop.
If you wish to inspect it before buying it, have a look inside.
It's for medical students or Ph.D.-fellows who are in need of a basic level of statistics.
Medical statistics made easy - because statistics can be fun!